Thursday, February 22, 2007

Today was not a very good day for me. Started off with the phone ringing incessantly while I was still in bed at 10 or so in the morning. Parents weren't in I think, and my sister was as dead as a log to wake up. So nobody picked it up and it kept on ringing. I tak kisah only la, cause I was seriously too tired to get up to answer some stupid call, probably some ah so asking my mom to buy kangkong in the market or whatever. I went back to sleep and then once again I was jolted awake by the phone. Cannot tahan d, so I kicked my sister's butt hoping she'd get up to answer it and leave me in peace once and for all, but like I mentioned before, she was as dead as a log. Kick also cannot wake up. So I got up to answer it myself. Turned out to be my aunt asking what time my dad was going over to pick them up and whether I was going out with them. SWT!!! We were supposed to fetch my aunt for breakfast then help her get her IC done up and then go to PJ to jalan jalan. I initially told her I didn’t want to go cos today was supposed to be a rest day for me. Then I went back to sleep and after some time my mom came in and made me wake up to go for dim sum with them. Told her I didn’t want to, but then later my dad enticed me with some story about going to the Digital Mall in SS14 to look at handphones. I was kind of pumped lah, so I made myself wake up even though I slept at 3am yesterday. Yawn! We ended up going to Petaling Street instead of Digital Mall. Sigh. So we went for breakfast (NOT dim sum cause it was closed-I should have known it wasn't gonna be a good day), then we took my aunt to get her IC done. The first person we met at the information counter was this really irritable Malay woman who seemed to be having PMS and couldn’t be bothered to answer our question civilly. Not like it’d take up your life to smile and at least be nice to people. But she basically snapped at us for being “late” and told my aunt off for having “rambut merah” and told us to sit down and wait and that it’d be none of her business if my aunt’s IC takes 3 months to be done instead of the usual one month because we were “late”. Hello? Late? We were there at 12.30pm and the jabatan closes at 5pm. What was that all about?! I bet she was just too lazy to layan us lah. And then we wanted to clarify some things with her and she just ignored us. Like we weren’t even there. My gosh. I tell you. I was so pissed at her ok. I even told my aunt I wish I could’ve snapped her photo and send it to the authorities to complain or something. I had to keep reminding myself about WWJD to keep my emotions in check. I wanted to scream at her. Babi. For all their crap about service with a smile and Tahun Melawat Malaysia and all that, they can’t even be bothered to treat their fellow citizens with some respect. No wonder Malaysia never progresses. Oops, am I gonna be put in jail for that above rant?!

Anyway, that was that. Just writing it down made my blood boil again. So let’s forget that and move on and hope I don't get put in jail for criticizing the government servants. We went to Petaling Street after that. And it just HAD to rain today of all days. We were wet and uncomfortable and to top it all off, the food at the place we ate in was crap AND expensive. And I didn’t buy anything also cause I wasn’t in the mood to walk around due to the rain and water puddles everywhere. And chee cheong kai isn’t the cleanest of places mind you. When it rains the ground turns black with water and all that. Eww.

Then we came home and went for dinner. Which was the only good thing to come out of today. Sigh. The internet connection also so slow today. And tomorrow I have to go to work again. Double sigh. Didn’t want to and still don’t want to, but have to coz the doctor is short of staff. How sweet. So anyway people, have a great day tomorrow, and don’t let my negative rambling influence your day. Have fun!! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home