Friday, June 15, 2007

Man I am so super freaking out about playing drums for YE on Sat. It's been a loooonnggg time since I last played for youth. It's a whole different thing from playing for Tuesday prayer meeting mind you. I mean, dude. We're talking Time has come and Come to praise here. God, help me please.

**

I've been thinking a lot. You know how people often say they have no control over what happens in their life? (no specific example about WHAT, but just, you know, stuff that happens) I realised that yeah, many times things happen which are completely out of your control. Your brain says something, and your heart completely contradicts what your brain says. You do all you can to tell yourself to stop following your heart. because your brain knows better. But you can't stop. As soon as your brain goes into overtime telling your heart to stop, your heart challenges it. Like it's some Olympic race or somehting. And you just. can't. stop. doing the wrong thing.
BUT
I realise there is a way out of this mess. You may not have control over what happens with your heart. However, you can make a CHOICE based on what your brain says, on how you react to control the situation. You can follow your heart and plunge yourself into deep darkness, possibly regret your rash decision for life all because you entertained that fleeting moment of pleasure and excitement, OR, you can follow your logical brain and choose not to take any action at all, and live happily ever after knowing you came, you saw, you conquered. vide vise vira or whatever. (what was it ah? someone remind me please) You just have to realise what you're experiencing is a phase you're going through and you'll snap out of it if you'd just learn to chill and not be rash. Say, for example. You're involved in a car accident which may or may not have been evaded. But it doesn't matter, cos it already happened. Everything's in a mess.

Erm, sorry ah. I'm kind of stuck at the example. I thought i could relate it to my brain-heart thing but apparently it doesn't work. So forget the example ok. Anyway, it's not important for you to know what I'm talking about lah. This post is for me. You'll understand if you go through what I'm going through in your life.

So Leong Su Ling, get a grip on yourself!! Tomorrow's gonna be exciting! Learn to deal with it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home