Thursday, July 5, 2007

OK, you know how a few weeks ago I said KDU wasn't happening? Forget I ever said that. College is so the happening lah i tell you. We get to hang out at OneU all the time and watch transformers with the plush seats and great company and tapau-ed pineapple juice. Unlike the, ehem, Subang ppl who only ever get to hang out at Asia cafe (teeheehee...)

I just opened my mail and discovered I've got assignments due in a week. Like, WHAT!!! I've been idle for 6 months and all of a sudden I've got presentations, assignments, mind maps, essays, group work all due in the next 3 weeks. How the heck am I supposed to cope with all that? My brain is rusty you know. I need lubricants... hahahhaa. Transformers is so funny larh.

But aside from the work, I'm really thankful for the friends I've met. Proves that we really need to take the time to get to know people before passing judgment. I do think I'm starting to see the world for what it raelly is, not the whole clean-cut, goody goody, holy holy, no smoke no alcohol no coming back late thing I've experienced all my life in high school. I'm not saying i wished it was not all that, because I'm forever grateful to God that I was brought up the way I was and I was never exposed to negative influences at a young age, but no matter how well you've been brought up and how you try to detach yourself from all these negative influences, at some point in life you're gonna have to face the real world wat right onot. You're gonna have to snap out of this bubble and realise that, hey, YOU ARE IN THE WORLD man, things are happening all around you, and you can't forever run away from it, u know what I'm saying? You just have to know what your principles are and stick to it no matter what. I realise that people can seem all punk rock and emo and broody on the outside, but inside they're just really nice people. There are people who are celebs but just so down to earth they remind you of your cousin brother (not like i have a very close cousin brother, haha, but they remind me of cousin brothers lah) And then there are people who are just confident and happy and don't really care what people think or say about them, which i really admire them for. And I'm also really thankful for the grounded ones, the girls especially, who keep me grounded along with them. Honestly, my class rocks to the max lah, aside from the puffs of second hand smoke I've been breathing in lately. I hope I don't get lung cancer. iik.

1 Comments:

Blogger . said...

Hello suling, (sorry looked for your email but couldnt find one so i had to leave a comment :)

my name is lay chin and i happen to be a friend to mr adrian yap, the editor in chief of klue. we were looking through some sites on klue events and I see that you had attended the last apostrophe creative writing workshop. adrian is hoping for more youths like yourself to attend the next apostrophe workshop at Curve's Laundrybar tomorrow, 10.30am? (You can check out http://apostrophegallery.com/) He told me to say he'd be thrilled if you could make it, and bring many of your friends along. I'll be there too, do come say hi to us :)
Could you email me at laychkoh@gmail.com?
Take care, cheers.

July 6, 2007 at 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home