Thursday, July 12, 2007

You know I feel I'm getting more and more shallow.

According to www.wikipedia.com, "somebody who appears superficial, naive, materialistic, petty, or unimaginative is likely to be denounced as shallow, although simply lacking intelligence is not a criterion on its own; a number of people called shallow may have relatively high intelligence, but may be concerned with aspects of life that are superficial. Lacking an interest in knowledge or intellectual pursuits may be regarded as a more likely criterion for "shallowness" than one's capacity to obtain and recall such knowledge. On some occasions, shallow people may be regarded as being inclined to discuss controversial or philosophical issues, even though they themselves may lack developed opinions toward them or even an understanding of such concepts, simply to give a surface impression of intelligence."

Yeah I know, how pathetic to be wikipediaing a shallow word right, pardon the pun. But my fellow miss peggy students, the above definition proves that I know how to do in-text citation ok. And I have high intelligence even though I'm shallow. Because I know how to use Wikipedia. Proves that MY kind of shallow is not the Paris Hilton kind of shallow ok. hehehe.

I was just thinking of the right word to describe how I've been feeling lately, you know, the whole brain drain thing? And i think no word describes it better than shallow. For some reason lah, it's just like i've been spending a lot of time on the mundane stuff and getting all worked up about it. And I've been allowing myself to be influenced by other people's emoness. ANNNND I have not been imaginative langsung. Gone were the days when i could write about anything including a freakin cockroach and make it sound interesting. Now I just sit and rant about not being able to rant excitingly. But then again, maybe I had more time and space then. Ever since coll started I've been feeling disoriented. I don't even know how to describe it. It's like, my life doesn't tally up lah. Weekdays I'm in coll and i breathe in cigarette smoke sometimes and hear the F word all the time and eat roti bakar every other day. Sometimes i wonder why I even bother going to college for classes since it seems to me I'm not paying attention in class at all and I'm just going there to hang out and talk crap with a bunch of people who, admittedly, light up my day. And then weekends it's back to church where I've grown up all my life and have grown accustomed to. Yet somehow I just feel jaded in church, like there's nothing new, no excitement, same old comfort zone. It just feels all weird, like my life has two segments and it's just not gelling. Somehow I've allowed the excitement of coll to seep into my life and affect the "unexciting" weekends. Wassap with that man? Maybe it's the initial stages of coll life lah. Culture shock? I dunno what it is, but i really hope my life balances itself up. No, not by my own strength. I need God to help me balance it up. That's the only way out. "Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit," says the Lord.

And then there's the whole issue of time, or the lack thereof. I honestly wonder how people can be so busy with assingments and whatnot, and still manage to find time to do other stuff like READ. I've got books piling up on my desk I'm telling you. I desperately wanna read, and yet I just can't seem to fit it in my schedule. Jane Eyre has been in my bag for months and it's starting to look like kiam chai. And then there's watching DVDs and movies. I have the entire season one of prison break sitting there laying eggs. (oh Titus if you're reading this I got it d, and it's ORI summor ok! ;p) And yet, you wonder, how could I possibly be blogging here while complaining there's no time right? *rolls eyes* I think I know where all the time went. Oh the irony of this post! And did I mention I haven't done the power point presentation? And if you read the posts before this and you're wondering whether i've completed all my assignments the answer is a flat out NO.

On another note, I just found out that Siew Leng has accepted Christ! There is no greater joy than to see one of your bestest buddies whom you've been praying for saved. Thank you Jesus!!

This is the longest post I've done in a long time. Amazing what shallowness can do to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home