Saturday, September 29, 2007

I sometimes feel I have too many things on my hands, and just not enough time for myself. Most of my leftover time after coming home from college is taken up worrying about college assignments or church stuff. Recently I've been worrying about my ASS-ignments a little too much. I don't really like group ASS-ignments. Not everybody does what they're supposed to do and hands it up on time. Plus it's so hard to coordinate and know exactly who does what. Last week was really hectic because I had to finish off the ASS-ignments, and after i came back from camp retreat I had to immediately call my group mates about the ASS-ignments and cram for exams starting the next day itself.

Then there's worrying about the ministries I'm involved in. There's worship- worrying about choosing songs, informing people they are playing on that day, finding replacement musicians because each and every week, someone is bound to not be able to make it. As it is, we already have so few musicians, so each time someone cannot make it, the ENTIRE team has to be switched around, meaning the keybordist might have to play the drums and the drummer might have to play bass, stuff like that. We're multi talented people just in case you weren't aware ;p And then I worry about how to play a certain song on the drums, like Majesty *har har* and I spend one hour listening to it and practicing on imaginary drums...

Then there's camp committee meetings and TYPING OUT THE MINUTES AFTER THAT, which I really loathe but have to do anyway, then there's Rangers meetings and the anniversary documentary script. I thought that was over and done with, but Roy just told me there are some changes to be made again. Alamak. But mostly, I feel it's the time spent in church that just makes me feel so drained. I don't have a problem with going to church, in fact i love going to church because it keeps me grounded and reminds me that I was called to serve an almighty God, and I definitely do have a passion for playing music in the team. But sometimes I feel like I have gotten myself too involved with serving that I really do not have time to chill anymore. And by chill I don't mean blogging. I mean doing stuff I like, like reading or watching tv/dvds, or even just sitting around with a bowl of ice cream doing NOTHING. Every weekend is spent in church, from 10am till about 5pm. Then I come home and read the newspapers from 2 days ago(another indication of how busy i am!) and then bathe and then go out for dinner. Then i come home and maybe watch a little tv, and then I have to finish off other stuff- ASSignments and the like.

I was just talking to Sherrene about it, and she empathises. She says I need to figure out a way to chill(which i realised myself). Thank God I have hols starting week after next. Just a 1 week holiday, but one that I desperately need! And thank God the Rangers anniversary is coming soon, so that means the script will be finished up, script meetings will come to an end, and NO MORE Rangers for the rest of the year!! ;p

But then again, I do realise that's why it's called SERVING. Serving means you give of yourself, even if you do not get paid. It means you sacrifice a little something, be it your time, or your energy, or your money. It means you might get a little drained and tired out, but you persevere. It means that when you are called to serve, God will always make things work out, just like how He has made things work out for me all this while, even on the days when i think that i really really cannot do it anymore. I love you Jesus!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home