Tuesday, September 11, 2007

This is one of those days that i just HAVE to blog. Too many thoughts and emotions swimming around in my head. Honestly an emotion-packed day. Or maybe I was just too caught up in my own whirlwind of feelings.

Started off with a really HORRIBLE morning marred by lots of fidgeting, mental swearing at the stupid jam, failed attempts to sleep due to excessive traffic-induced stress and, erm, tears. 1 and a half freaking hours to college. In that time my mom said some stuff which ended in both of us crying. I wonder what is wrong with the roads these 2 days. Ystday I was 45 minutes late for class, today i rushed to class and right after I settled down it was over, 5 minutes after i stepped foot into class. Not that it matters lah, since it's just PHOTOGRAPHY class. He doesn't even bother to take attendance lah. Maybe i should just skip this stupid class for the rest of the semester. I have TWO photo classes summor on tuesdays.

Honestly I cannot stand photo class anymore. Whatever inital passion I had for photography is fast diminishing and is gonna vanish forever if i continue to listen to the "lecturer" rant on day after day about some shitty nonsense he expects us to believe is phtotographical substance. He can't even string a proper sentence together in english without fumbling for words or staring off into the screen futilely hoping that it would somehow spring up bombastic vocabulary for him to use. And he'll ask the class questions which are supposed to get us thinking, but after that he'll leave it at that and not comment on any answers the students give. Or he'll ask even MORE unasnwered questions about the student's previous answer. Smart way right!? Make the students think you're trying to get them to think creatively, while at the same time trying to conceal the fact that you don't know how to answer or comment. Please la. We're college students la. You think we're THAT dumb? We can see through your shallow act man. The other day a student asked him a question about a photograph and he just, as usual, rambled some nonsense to appease the student. Obviously, anyone can see he doesn't know the answer. Then for goodness sake, just say u don't know la. I think it's because he cannot speak english properly lah. To his credit, I'm sure he does know a thing or 2 about photography la, but what's the use if you can't put it in WORDS?! Today he was talking(mumbling, actually) about "discovering your own style". I came out of the class extremely enlightened, enlightened that if i'm gonna stay sane, I should start to find productive things to do while sitting in his class. ANNNDDD...jane n jess! I was looking at our timetable and i discovered he's gonna teach us another 2 subjects for the upcoming semesters! film studies and mediaculturesociety *faintssssssss*

Critical thinking class another problem giving pasal. Class has been cancelled so many times cos the original lecturer is stuck somewhere in the world with problems getting into Malaysia, and the replacement lecturer today is almost as bad as the photo lecturer. Thank god there's gonna be a new lecturer tomorrow whom i can only pray and hope is fit enough to teach. I cannot deal with another HIM please.

At this point of time I'm really irritated at KDU. For all their claims in advertisements about being the "best choice" for parents and about "good and honest education", they can't even find lecturers fit enough to teach. I mean, we don't expect world class standards lah (after living in Malaysia for so long, you just somehow learn to deal with sub quality everything u know what I'm saying?) But at LEAST, someone who doesn't berak crap out of his mouth everytime he opens it? and summore he's teaching 3 freaking subjects! oh God please please please, fire him and get someone else? I mean, Malaysia is a land so extremely serious about education and knowledge and efficiency and wawasan 2020, and with the THOUSANDS of jobless graduates bumming around whining about not being able to get a job, don't tell me they cannot find someone else to teach. And even if unbelievably there's no one else they can find, then isn't it their job to see to it that by hook or by crook they hire an expat from OUTSIDE Malaysia? I mean, the students are paying 25000 for the diploma excluding the extra 5000 for miscellaneos(yes i kid you not. 5000 for MISCELLANEOUS fees ok). i don't even know where to go to complain except for giving him a big fat zero for the upcoming lecturer assessment form, which obviously is for show only since this joker is still in office. *roll eyes around and around*

Thank God we have Mr Rubin Khoo for socio. Ms Rina and Mr Vincent are quite good too lah.

Lunch and chor tai tee and donkey was fun. Jess jane, I'm the undisputed QUEEN of chor tai tee ok!! ;p Jess you're the undisputed DONKEY!! hahahah!! Ken and Ravin are so funny. Hanging with the bunch of them was a refreshing break from the crappy day.

After class I saw something that made me irritated again. I was talking to my friend and her bf. Gawd the bf is such a jerk. He was dissing her non stop. For everything that she said he had to come up with some snide comment. For the 15 minutes or so that we talked, he scolded her like 5 times, for different different topics. Which is approximately 3 minutes per diss on average. (haha that sounded a bit funny but whatever) Ok maybe he didn't mean to diss her, but it was so obviously annoying and disrespectful. I initially planned to type out the contents of our conversation, but it would take too much time, plus I'm quite malas already. But anyway, I really salute my friend for putting up with all that crap. She's such a sweet thing la. It was so obvious she was really annoyed at him, rolling her eyes and fidgeting and ignoring him and all, but just not brave enough to spit it out directly to him. Another lesson i learnt. I have to rate my future bf first on the jerk-o-meter before anything. Smart-alecky guys who think they're so macho. Sheesh.

And then I drank coffee on an empty stomach, and read in the car after that, which gave me a headache and made me wanna barf on the way home. I farted quite a few times in the car, and then came home and shitted 3 times. aiyo. I shall never do that again.

ok no more complaining. On to lighter issues. hehe.

I was reading broom hilda on the comic page. and I saw something... GUMMY BURGERS!! Anyone remember those?? They used to sell it all over the supermarkets with a special section for gummy burgers. They sold it EVERYWHERE la actually...in school, in school buses, in hawker stalls, in grocery shops, in bakeries, everywhere! Then it kind of vanished without me realising it. Did u realise it?? What happened to gummy burgers????? It would definitely make photo class slightly more tolerable!

Which brings to mind other products which just sort of vanished over the years without me realising it. I was at the clinic the other day and my sister was reading a year 2001 magazine with an advertisement on ORGANICS SHAMPOO! Anyone remember those?? What happened to it?? It just vanished! I used to buy that brand! And remember the purple sunsilk shampoo? Fruitanics or something...hahaha... Good old days.

Sigh. I hope tomorrow is gonna be a better day. Since we're going to HOPE HOME...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home