Sunday, September 9, 2007

Went for Bunga Manggar Bunga Raya today at Actors Studio Bangsar.
It was my very first time watching a live play and I'm sooo glad I finally did it. Watched a live play i mean. I have the utmost respect for theater directors and live performers. I can only imagine the amount of time and energy they put into perfecting their moves. Any glitch has to be avoided at all costs. Their steps and moves have to be precise and in sync with the rest of the cast. Their voices have to be projected loud and clear. Their facial expressions have to be prominent and real. Their lines have to be memorised till they can recite it in their sleep. One wrong move and it could jeopardize the whole show. It's totally different from directing movies where you can redo takes a hundred times. I really salute these people lah.

Bunga manggar was entertaining, but very artsy. A tad TOO artsy i would say, to the point where we didn't really get the whole show. I guess you just have to analyze it and interpret it in your own way, and if you can't do that, well then that's too bad for you lah. haha. It was a sort of satirical and honest take on Malaysian life, with a lot of movements, songs and COLOURS! I wish I could have taken a picture of the colours, but the flash would have been really distracting, so I only managed to catch one picture before the show...Edwin Sumun. It think he's an awesome actor. (and yes Grace, DANCER too) Very good facial expressions and flexible limbs and...dunnola. He just has that AURA of a great performer lah u know?

***


The lady in blue in the middle is Leow Puay Tin. Awesome voice (and hokkien too! XD)

***

Buddies! =) oh wat would bunga manggar be to me without them! I had a great day weh!



Debbie... BLUEK! ;p

Lam! and er yeah, my teeth. hahahah!

Grace and I-childhood buddieees! =)

Camwhoring on the way home...Boy that was fun! =)

AAAaaand the ultimate lala pose. hahah!
Yeah i know. I've been showing too much teeth today. Time to close my mouth.Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home