Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I'm rather happy at the way things are going at the moment.

I have my song, which i hope i won't change at the last minute due to excessive stress trying to figure out what photos to take and how to use photoshop (ugh, God help me!) I've been procrastinating for days when it comes to choosing the song, partly because the range was just TOOO wide. I hate projects where the lecturer says "okay! Do whatever you want!" "Choose whatever topic you like!" These are the worst kinds of assignments for me. At least when there is a clear guideline I could stop myself from thinking too much and just sticking to whatever is required. But unfortunately, that's not always the case. So i end up worrying about what to do and then procrastinating. Oh but well, I chose my song! (i think)

Went out for coffee with Kim. I love selamba meetups with her cos it's always so refreshing. She tells me wunnerful stories and helps me through whatever problems I have. I came home feeling more liberated. She's such an awesome person to hang with!

And teaching tuition today was quite fun too, as opposed to last week. The std 3 class today was so noisy and fun. There was this chicken little boy who looked really like the little boy in the colgate advert or sth, and this other cheeeeeeky boy who stuck his finger in his nose and started digging it to mimick me when i put my finger over my mouth to get them to shut up, and later he asked me: "Teacher, why you stand with your butt jutting out to one side? You model ahh teacher?" "Yalah!!" Hahah! And there was this other girl who asked: "Teacher! What's SHITHEAD??" hahahah!! aiyoh so funny lah! And I told them the small blue marble riddle which got them so hyped up and they even went and told the other teacher about the riddle and they were begging me to tell them the answer but i just said "go home and think about it I'll tell you next week" then they were pestering me and all so in the end I just said "yes! So clever!" to this girl who gave me some lame answer. Of course, i myself don't know the answer. I'll have to check with Comm Hon Chong. haha!

Last week's std 6 class was horribly silent. They're so unmotivated and their level of English is appalling. I think I crapped nonsense sometimes just so it didn't get too awkward when it was silent, and of course, to hide the fact that I didn't know how to say some words in Chinese. And to be honest with myself (I didn't want to admit it before), my chinese has really deteriorated to the point that std 6 kids have to help me translate english words into chinese. ughh. And I mixed up buret and pipet, and I came up with some crap that it's called pipet because it's like your pipe at home and you have to turn it in order for water to come out. That's supposed to be buret right? -.-"'But anyways, I'm glad that class is over. Phew.

Tomorrow (Later la actually), Hope Home. Sighhhh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home