Thursday, December 6, 2007

I don't think we pray enough.

Well I definitely don't.

Do we always need a year-end camp or a major Shakers conference or a superb Hillsong concert or a "life-changing" mission trip to get the fire burning?

And when the fire has started, do we have enough fuel to keep it burning for the rest of our lives and beyond? Or is the fire on again off again on again off again depending on the availability of fuel?

Do we pray? For our nation, for the different ministries in church, for the various people in the world who are suffering, for random people God puts in our minds sometimes? Or do we pray only for ourselves, or only when we've got a problem we can't settle on our own?

I've had various challenges from different people recently, and I know there is so much to be done. I get things done, but I really don't pray enough. I've been relying too much on my own strength, with the occasional collective prayer meetings I make myself believe justifies my lack of prayer personally. I've been busy, I've been tired, I've been stressed, I've been running around getting things done. I whisper a short prayer every night before I doze off to sleep. But that doesn't justify my lack of prayer. God deserves more, SO MUCH MORE.

I need Him to help me give Him more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home