Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My childhood friend Rebecca left for Australia last Friday.

Look at that cuuuute face la! Even after all these years, she's still the sweet lovable huggable pinchable Becca.

She's been my buddy since I was 4 or 5. She ranks way up there along with Grace and Dexter as the friend I've known for the longest time. Whenever I think of her I get reeeally fond memories.

It started from jumping around on Dexter's bed when our parents attended cell together. Sherrene and Aunty Rita coming in to tell us to keep quite. Making tunnels with Dexter out of his many mattresses. . Then it was GHM and cell at Yi Wen's place on Friday nights. Solving the many many riddles given by my dad in his car while going to cell from GHM. Going into Yi Wen's back room and playing Princess for hours. Joseph Gan being the trumpet blower. The start-stop game. Asking the adults for suggestions of a fruit starting with E. "Catching" after cell. Sweating profusely after that. Lighting rows and rows of candles at her house during tanglong festival one year. Walking around the neighbourhood with lanterns at Yi Wen's house another year. Bitching among ourselves with Grace and Yi Wen. Not "friend"ing the others ocassionally. My very first Psalty cassette. The first ride in her mom's new red Honda. Her birthday at A&W Port Klang. Swimming lessons with bikini man and muscle man. The millipede he threw in the pool to freak us out. Dancing underwater. Holding our breaths and diving to the floor of the pool. Her swimsuit with the floral skirt. "GREECE!!!!!!" (GRACE! rmb? hahahahhaa....) Both of us leading the Sarawak dance with Bawanie. Her hidden Blue poster behind her door. Movie day at her place with lots and lots of Hershey's kisses. What a girl wants.

The list goes on and on and on.

We kind of grew apart as we grew older. But NOTHING can separate the bond between us. She's the kind of buddy I feel completely comfortable around. All my fondest childhood memories have her in it. We go waaaaayyy back. Man I miss her so!

I still remember her infectious, never-ending, super loud laughter. She'd laugh at ANYTHING. It could be some dumb lame joke and she'd laugh and laugh and laugh and make us all laugh along and then suddenly it'd become funny. When she laughs, i tell youuuuuuuu... The whole restaurant will turn and look. hahah! I wish I had time to hang with her before she left. But I had a real hectic week. Not a day/night off. Grrrrrr.

I miss her loadssssss!!!!! Grace I bet you do too!!! =(

Then I met up with Siyan last Sunday. And we bumped into Becca and her friends at the same place. What a coincidence!

I loveeeeeee meeting up with my bestie. Nothing beats a relaxing afternoon with her talking about anything and everything. We really don't see each other much, but absence makes the heart grow fonder. Babe, really wan ok. You add rainbows and sunshine to my day! ;-) Love you heaps!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home