Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I have found other more productive activities to carry out during my free time in lieu of sitting in front of my computer banging my heart out on the keyboard. Which justifies my lack of posts in recent weeks.

And boy, have i been spending! I think this new wave of gourmet cakes, as well as all these restaurants with nice ambients and cosy settings only serve to rip us off our hard earned money, we poor poor proletariats who work for the bourgeoisie (to enrich your vocabulary, take a sociology class)

This is a little sneak peek of a day in my days.





Hanging out with the best friend is always always fun. And productive. She makes me laugh, listens patiently to me whine, gives me advice on how to deal with the cockroach(es) in my room, temans me to eat food that burns a hole in the pocket, takes me on a tour of Shah Alam, gives me home-cooked sambal petai, AND introduces me to an Uzbek guy, who is actually real fun to hang with.


Since he got bored tagging along on our womanly shopping trail, we decided to bring him
somewhere more manly.



I dropped Siyan off, had dinner at her place(apparently I have the honour of being the first friend she has brought home for dinner *smugness*), got my feet all muddied up(don't ask), and then headed over to Anna's to give her her surprise.





After all her failed attempts to get me to smile normally,





she finally succeeded! =)


It was a wonderful day, until I came home to find the cockroach STILL in my room. The night before that I had camped out in the living room because I discovered one flying around after I had turned off the lights. I normally have my sister around to run downstairs with me, but she happened to be at camp so I had to deal with this myself. I sprayed Baygon (This other brand like Shieldtox) which I thought had finished off the job but obviously didn't, so when I came home to find it still there my mom had to crawl around the room chasing it to kill it for me. And you'd think the nightmare was over. But horror of horrors IT WASN'T! There was yet another one which my mom had to kill again. Goodness! My room is a freaking cockroach lair I tell you!

There is nothing in the world I'm more afraid of than cockroaches. Why oh why!! I know they don't hurt, I know they don't kill, I know they don't give me diseases (because I have a strong immune system), and yet I'm so afraid. It's so bimbotic I can't even believe myself. This fear is the very bane of my existence. ugh. I've been asking God to help me deal with it, but He hasn't helped one bit. haha. Maybe He will la, in time =)

I've been sleeping in fear ever since my mom killed them both. For the past few days I've kept my glasses by my pillow just in case I hear any cockroach wing-flapping sounds and have to wake up instantly to check it out. A few times I've had to get up and turn on the lights to survey the room because I was just too paranoid. I wake up in the middle of the night in fear, prickling my ears to hear if there are any abnormal sounds in the room. I sometimes don't even dare to turn in bed in case I spark off the cockroach(es)'s receptors or whatever. What is wrong with me?! How bimbotic is that you tell me la!!

Yesterday marked the first night in a few nights I've had a good night's sleep WITHOUT waking up in fear. I hope tonight I'll sleep peacefully too. This is too much to handle. Sigh.

And my sister wasn't even there to share the misery. Which is why I'm glad she's back, cos I miss her. The house has been too quite while she was away. Yesterday I heard her belting a song in the bathroom so loudly I could hear it from downstairs. And I couldn't help chuckling out loud. My sister is BACK babehh!!

And guess who else is back?

Welcome back Queen of sparkling wit and caustic sarcasm! I've missed you!! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home