Monday, April 14, 2008

Try writing a long essay about how your personality helps you in your life and in an organization, without sounding narcissistic.

I tried. And believe me, it isn't as easy as it sounds. When Mr. Happy gave us the assignment, I thought, piece of cake la. I'll finish it in one hour. And here I am, Sunday - oh no! MONDAY! - morning at 12.59 am still trying to figure out how to fill up three pages worth of me-talk. I am slightly short of two pages. And I'm stuck. I'm not supposed to be stuck! I love writing! Argh!

But I can't write further anymore without sounding narcissistic. I know it's probably just me la, but, oh well, I don't wanna go on and on about how friendly I am and how well I work with other people. I added in a few negative points about myself to counter the narcissism, and I want to add in some more, but I don't know what else except telling him that I'm unpunctual. Nope, definitely not gonna tell him that, especially when my personality test came back showing that I'm *gasp* PUNCTUAL! *laugh laugh laugh*

I'm PUNCTUAL yo people! Hear that?!

How la how la. Nevermind. He's Mr. Happy, so he'll probably accept my 2 pages worth of double spaced- text with an extra space between paragraphs.

Mr. Happy is the 2nd nicest lecturer we've had so far. Top on the list of happy lecturers is Mr. Very Happy, who is sooooo nice and happy all the time. He smiles 24/7 come rain or shine and sometimes makes us laugh just by the way he talks. Too bad his classes are made up of nonabsorbent information and are mainly zoning sessions for the students. But he's so nice la. Poor thing, nobody actually listens to anything he says other than his little jokes and stories.

But! Mr. Happy is different though. We call him Mr. Very Happy's son because they both look vaguely alike. hahahahahah!! He's one of the very few lecturers with substance in sucky KDU. He somehow manages to keep us awake at 8 in the morning. Maybe it's because he has good English with perfect grammar, an extensive vocab and a charming little accent. Or maybe it's because he actually KNOWS his stuff, instead of just shoving information at us. Or maybe because his random little stories are rather funny. Whatever it is, I like going for Mr. Happy's class. It makes me happy!

Quite unlike my class tomorrow morning. Ugh. More on Mr.Mondaymorningblues next time.

***
Recent events have made me realize that I really am not as patient as I thought I was. I am not as cool, calm and collected in pressing situations as I would expect myself to be.

I need to work on this.

Funny how stressful situations reveal yourself to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home