Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Ok I know I'm always one or two weeks behind everybody else when it comes to blogging fresh news, but I want to join in the picture-posting fun too!

Faces at camp:

The above took me quite some time to do so you better stare at it long and hard and make sure you memorize every face.




Apparently there was quite a number of flies at the campsite.
Resident fly-catchers:




The mummyIwannagohome!! faces:




Every year, there's someone with the same baju as me. last year it was this.


And this year, THIS

What to do! I have such great taste in clothes...

FUYYHHH... Checkout our resident hot chick. I need ice!!



Guys, you want her number, just ask me. No need shy shy ;p

These are my roomies.

We call ourselves the spice girls: a result of Joanne's sudden epiphany one night, followed by the official naming of the different spices accompanied by stomach-aching laughter.

Clockwise from left: Chilli, Cinnamon, Ginger, what-was-I-again, and STAR ANISE!! ahahaa...

Absolutely loved bunking with them. Such a fun bunch of people. Especially with Joanne around. I tell youuuu... that womannn, all we ever do is laugh laugh laugh and listen to her Vietnam-ness. ahah.

Everybody wants a picture with the spice girls of course.



And this child prodigy, Samuel, is only 12 but he can solve a Rubik's cube in less than 45 seconds! He's the MAN i tell you.



I thought this year's camp workshop was really good, especially sis Rita's one. It was really encouraging to see the young ones wanting to know more about God and responding to the spirit. It was awesome to see them so on fire at that young age. And it really made my day to hear someone say they enjoyed camp. When you hear that, and when you see with your own eyes how God touches so many lives, when you see the youth crying out and asking for more of God, every minute spent labouring and preparing for camp becomes worth it.

I had to remind myself again, that was the reason why I do what I do. It's tiring and it's hard, but when you see with your own eyes God moving among the crowd and feel Him in your heart, you truly understand the phrase "the joy of serving".

I wish God moves like that every day of my life. Yet I know I don't spend enough time with Him. Nor am I as passionate about Him as I want to be. And that's what I want to work towards for the coming year. To be more in tune with Him and to love Him with all my heart. Not to wait for a year-end camp to be all fired up again.

Every year at camp, there is a refreshing of spirit. The young people go, scream their hearts out for God and jump with all their might during praise and worship. But how long will that passion last? Is that fire going to continue burning throughout the year or will it die out eventually, only to be reignited at the next year's camp, after which the whole cycle will be repeated?




"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." Acts 1:8

TNT the world babeh!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home