Thursday, January 1, 2009

Of all the wonderful things to dream about on New Year's Day, such as money falling from the sky, or going on a wonderful beach holiday, or Wentworth Miller, here's what I dreamt about last night.

I dreamt that my dad was driving and somehow my mom, my sis, my aunt and I were all crammed in the backseat while the front passenger seat was empty. We weren't wearing our seatbelts. At the junction the traffic light turned red but my dad buat macho and raced past it. And just as we turned the corner a cop/cops stopped us. And THEN i remembered it's jan 1st and the seatbelt rule would be enforced. We do not want fines for both breaking the red light rule AND not wearing seatbelts thank you very much. So I went "shit shit, Ma, seatbelt!" So my mom and I hastily put on our seatbelts cos we were sitting at the sides. My sis and aunt didn't have seatbelts to wear so no choice. We just hoped the cops wouldn't notice.

And then the cop came over to my side. I grimaced. And here's the weird part. All he did was teach me to adjust the length of the seatbelt so I would be comfortable. Then he waved us off.

Dude. okayyyyyy. No fine? Awesome!

Yeah. I was so concerned today that when we got up to go for bak kut teh, I pulled the never before used seatbelt from the boot and made my mom use it. And when we met Larry and gang on the way I made him remind the half asleep Adrian Yap to buckle up at the back.

Remember, be safe (and a couple of hundred ringgit richer). So buckle up at the back people. Yeah I know I sound like a naggy old aunt but you'll thank me when you see cops. hahah!

Happy New Year everyone!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"And then the cop came over to my side. I grimaced. And here's the weird part. All he did was teach me to adjust the length of the seatbelt so I would be comfortable. Then he waved us off."

Haha! Your dream sounds very much like one of those community messages that are broadcasted on RTM. It's gotten into your subconscious. Talk about mind control and brain-washing man!

January 1, 2009 at 12:57 PM  
Blogger suling said...

Community message?! Actually it sounds more like Ted's narration for "how I met your mother" don't you think? haha!

And no I don't watch or listen to RTM so no brain washing there =)

Jon Kok does though. He watches those parliamentary debates at that young age can you imagine!! haha...

January 1, 2009 at 1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home