Thursday, January 8, 2009

We had a Rangers leaders meeting on Tuesday night, where we were discussing the theme for the patrol names. Every year we have a theme, say animals, and then the Rangers will come up with their patrol names based on it, like Majestic Lion, or Grizzly Bear, etc.

So we were talking, and I said: Hey how bout fruits? They could go "groovy guava"!
Leader 1: or tangy mango... or hairy rambutan
Leader 2: ehsyy... *sceptical* FRUITS ah? no semangat la liddat. Afterwards they do stupid names like "sharp durian"!
Me: HAHAHAHAHAHA!
Leader 2: Or Botak mangosteen!
Everyone: HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Dude...SHARP durian??! ahahahahahhahahaaaha

Leader 3: *extremely innocently* hey, how bout we do names of Taman?
Leader 1: TAMAN?!! Like Sentosa Patrol, or Andalas Patrol, or....
Everyone: ROARS IN LAUGHTER
Me: *laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh... when everyone stopped laughing, I clutched my stomach, got up off the couch to stand in the corner, and continued laughing like a deranged woman while everyone stared in amusement*

Dude... TAMAN names?! Funniest thing I've heard in ages!

After everyone settled down (yes including me)
Leader 4: Eh we do names of insects la!
Me: Ohhhh, PRAYING mantis!! *starts laughing like crazy again*

PRAYING mantis!!! Geddit?! HAHAHahahhahaa... I can imagine how fun Rangers would be if we had a patrol called praying mantis. haahhaa.

As the meeting progressed, I realised I couldn't stop thinking of the Taman name thing, (particularly how innocent the person looked when he suggested it, like it was the most natural thing in the world), and those who know me know that I'm VERY dangerous when I find something funny in a serious conversation.

So someone was talking about something serious, and he was looking at me. I suddenly thought of how funny the taman thing was, and I started to vibrate with silent laughter. *hides in embarassment*

And then someone else said something. My brain went: *taman, taman* And then I started smiling to myself crazily again, trying extremely hard not to vibrate. And as he made eye contact there i was smiling like a nutcase back at him. Can you imagine?!

I tried to think emo thoughts but it had no effect. sigh. Thankfully the rest of the meeting progressed without me vibrating again.

Then at night as I was brushing my teeth I thought of the discussion and started laughing again in the toilet. This time it was because of the sharp durian. And the praying mantis.

I need more self-control. This inappropriate laughter problem is getting out of hand! hahaha...

Eh but you gotta admit it's so freaking funny right?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sharp durians? Sounds like something N*** A would say. HAHAHAHAH! Botak Mangosteen!

And the Taman suggestion iz ze bombe! I'm gonna try to guess who suggested it when I meet you later!

I would give the world to not miss seeing the expression on the faces of the Rangers if you announced that this year's patrol theme name is Taman!

January 9, 2009 at 12:23 AM  
Blogger suling said...

haha surprise surprise it wasn't N***. I think sharp durians is funnier than botak mangosteen though. hehe.

Ehhh you haven't guessed who said taman. I forgot bout it also. I KNOW! Can you imagine. They'll probably look at us like we're crazy. Or name themselves kampung jawa!

HAHAHAHA

KAMPUNG JAWA!!!!

January 11, 2009 at 11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Botak Mangosteen, I know who already. "Botak" is a big give-away. ;)

Oh and I found out from pL who said Taman. HAHAHAHHA! The face of innocence!

Eh, what's with Kampung Jawa now? Let's not get discriminatory. Plus, aren't you like, living at the edges of Andalas? =P

January 12, 2009 at 1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home