Friday, April 23, 2010

It's amazing how a short time of chilling with people you're completely comfortable with just makes your day heaps brighter and reminds you of being home. Now all I'm looking forward to is tomato noodles topped with heaps of laughter tomorrow, and DJ Hero spun with more laughter on Monday =D =D =D

I've been wanting to write about this ever since I excitedly exclaimed to my fellow hikers at Morialta Falls the other day when I caught sight of a rainbow at the bottom of the waterfall as the sun split the water droplets into this ethereal belt of seven colours just above the pond. You often see rainbows in the sky, but how many at the bottom of a waterfall? It wasn't only an amazing sight, but one that was truly unique.

I couldn't help being reminded of God's promises and how He WILL take care of everything like He said He would. I wanted to believe it was a profound moment, but all it was, was a gentle, peaceful reminder from up above which I continue to hold dear, and which I know I can reflect upon when all seems bleak.

I sometimes wonder whether there's an easier way of doing life. Me now is not the me I expected I would be just 2 months ago. I had all these grandiose ideas of coming to dreamland and being truly contented, and hitting the beach like there was no tomorrow, and making friends which will remain for life, and having loads of time to read all the books I brought along with me, and spending more time in His presence, and even, lol, even playing Debussy on the piano, which is why I carted along the music scores I have yet to touch since I got here.

I want to rant sometimes. Why is it that this life never offers respite! Can't there be peace and quiet and nothing to do for once?! But then again when you stop to think, it's all about superior time management and character-shaping and looking past the impending deadlines into greater things God has in store and learning to find joy in the process. And as time passes on you come to realize deadlines are overrated. And so are footnotes.

All that matters is the rainbow at the bottom of the waterfall. And eternity (on a magic carpet)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home