Thursday, September 16, 2010

Well I used to think I'm one heck of a healthy girl - I rarely fall sick, even when people around me do. Two nights ago I was proved wrong and taught a lesson for drinking too much frizzante (who could resist, it was so good and I was helping to finish up the bottle!) Well by too much I mean more than one glass, without drinking water after that. Which is bad bad bad for your soul. Note to self: must always always wash down alcohol with heaps of water. I developed a fever during the night after that - it was terrible! I've almost forgotten what it's like to have a fever considering I've not had one since 3 years ago I think. I remember how as a young kid I'd hate falling sick not just because I'd feel physically horrible, but emotionally as well when my mom fusses around me with that worried look on her face and clucks her tongue repeatedly and berates me for not drinking enough water and stays up all night to sponge me, rendering my sleep fitful at best. Not a good thing for a feverish kid but oh well, my mom is one of a kind. So on Tuesday night I had a terrible night trying to sleep soundly, especially since it's still so cold in Adelaide. Still, thank God for making me well enough to head to class yesterday. Now my nose is still runny and hurting. I hate being sick! It makes you feel so... blahhhh!

But I think me falling sick is deserving of a blog post considering what a rare occasion it is! Plus it's my first in Aussieland ha.

Looking forward to the two-week break and all that it entails. Oh woohooooo!! ROAD TRIPPPPPPPP!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kimchun said...

Mmm..now i know what happened .. Yeah, please do rmb to wash down with water, after.. Frizantte .. what's tat? a concoction ..

Being sick is horrible ... ;(

Take care, big hugs..

September 17, 2010 at 3:13 AM  
Blogger Livingsword said...

Hmmm

I hope I will not catch your virus after visiting your blog!

If I get a fever I will let you know

;)

September 19, 2010 at 4:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home