Sunday, November 13, 2011

Wow. Totally just had one of those incredibly epic nights you never plan for/expect.

The two cross-continent Skype chats I just had was bittersweet. On the one hand, I loved every second of chatting with these two girls who will without a doubt become lifelong friends, and I loved to hear all the exciting stuff that's happening in their lives. It made me happy to hear their stories and blessed to know they loved me enough to tell me, and that is such a joy - friendships that transcend time and location.

But on the other hand, it brought a bout of self-pity I have not experienced in quite some time, and tonight I faced those demons again. I have to remind myself that I am incredibly blessed in so many ways, and I should never EVER compare myself to anyone else. Who are we to dictate what's true happiness or not anyway. In every experience, in every situation and circumstance, there's a lesson to be learnt and a memory to cherish. And even though so far things haven't turned out the way I idealistically expected them to while all seems to be rosy for my girls, it's not fair on me if I allow envy to take over. Because I know that everyday I am being shaped and molded into all that I can be through all the persevering I'm doing. So to wallow and whine is to NOT celebrate the greatness that is to come. And that is unfortunate. And so I run and keep running, knowing that all things will work out for the good of those who trust Him.

Just a conflicting mix of emotions that I needed to get out there. Times like these, I thank God I have this space to vent.

Also thinking of you, bestie, and praying for your family.

Also thinking of you, Mr bicycle, and your interesting development.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home